Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

What I did on my summer vacation...

Life is rough being a 3 month old. You have to do things like hang out all the time and take trips to the lake with your Grandparents and your Mom. Even though Mom sometimes cramps my style by making me take naps and telling people i wear diapers, the Grandparents are pretty cool, and I had a great time. I got to hang out in the shade in the lounge chairs and watch the birds.


And when I got bored of that, I moved on to laying in the hammock. It was kinda weird feeling but once I settled in it was pretty relaxing. I liked my view of the lake and the cool birdhouse near by.


I found it to be a nice place to sit around and ponder the meaning of life. Just because I can't yet say all the words swirling around in my head doesn't mean I don't have deep thoughts!


I also like to hang out on the dock and look for minnows. I have to put my hat on though because it is pretty bright out there and the big people all keep telling me my Daddy has red hair and even though I didn't get the hair I got the pale skin!




One of my favorite parts about going to the lake is fishing! Grandma helped me catch a big one!! I am pretty much an expert fisherman now, so if you need any tips just let me know.

















I was having so much fun until Mark (what we call Grandpa) said to me, "Boy! If you want to stay here then you need to earn your keep!" And then he made me get on the John Deer and mow the lawn!


It turned out to be pretty fun actually. I really like being at the wheel!










I really hope we get to go back to the lake soon. Grandma and Mark are so much fun and I get to do all these great new things. I didn't even get to ride the boat or jet skis this time so we have to come back soon! The only thing that could possible be better than this vacation is if Daddy could come!





1 comment:

The Christians said...

Wow! What an amazing fisherman! He'll have to teach Ian all of his tricks. It was great seeing you guys today!