Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, July 11, 2011

Playing Catch up...

The thing about blogging is that it is really important to keep up. When you don't it is hard to even know where to start.  So I am just going to start with this past weekend and work my way back to get through all of our travels and changes.

We have really enjoyed being back in South Carolina.  Since Brad graduated from Weapons School we have had some really great (and much needed) family time.  Last week was Brad's first week back at work and as luck had it he needed some paperwork to go through before he could really start his job so he had some pretty awesome work hours.  We were very spoiled!  This weekend was a fun one. I used some birthday money to take a photography class.  I have been wanting to get into a class for a long time but just hadn't been able to work it out.  This was perfect because it was on a Saturday so Brad could watch Micah.  I learned a lot and and now am pretty confident shooting in manual mode on the camera which is a big step forward for me.  Here is a pic I took using the principles I learned from the class:

Photobucket

Sunday we had a family day and got stuff done around the house and enjoyed each other's company.  Brad did have to go to work for awhile so that was back to reality for us but we managed to still fit in some fun.  I made a Southwest Chicken Salad for dinner which was pretty delicious if I do say so myself.

Photobucket

Then we took off to the the park.  Micah had been in the house most of the day since we were doing housework and so we wanted to give him some time to run off some energy.  I also just happened to take along the camera so I could get some more practice in.  This was the first time that Micah really took notice of the ducks.  He would point and say "quack quack!."  He also learned how to feed the ducks.  Most of the bread made it to the ducks... a few went into his own mouth :) We rounded out the outing with a quick trip to the playground which was of course just way too much fun!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

We finished up at the park, went back home, then had, bath time (much needed after the 97% humidity) and bed for the little guy.  And all of a sudden it is Monday again!

No comments: