Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving!

Despite being far from family we really had a lovely Thanksgiving!  We spent the holiday with our Air Force Family... some of our closest friends we have made though our years in the Air Force.

This year I tried a new recipe for my Turkey. I have a method that I really like but it takes a long, I mean LONG time and I was just tired!  So thanks to my good friend Carla for the tips and moral support (not to mention answering the phone on thanksgiving to answer my questions) we decided to go with the brown bag method.  It was a winner.  Basically you cook the turkey in a brown paper grocery bag.  I was skeptical but it came out beautifully browned and cooked even quicker than I anticipated (that never happens!)

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket

Our dear friends and guests for Thanksgiving were the Hale's and the Gossner's

Photobucket


Now that's more like the Hale's I know! Just Kidding!
Photobucket


Photobucket

Micah loves to eat so this was a good day for him!


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket

The aftermath!!!

Photobucket

Thanks again to Kara and Sarah for helping cook and clean!  Couldn't have pulled it off with out you guys!

No comments: