Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, April 18, 2011

So proud!

Micah amazes me pretty much every day.  He is just a sponge soaking up absolutely everything around him and I have the bad habit of constantly underestimating him!  I could go on for pages about every thing new he is doing.  The last 8 weeks he has jumped cognitively by leaps and bounds.  One big surprise and proud moment happened last night.  For the past 3 weeks we have been going to swimming lessons.  Micah likes the water, but he doesn't LOVE the water.  He enjoys splashing around but isn't much into getting it splashed in his face and gets shaken up if he loses his balance in the water. (the pool is like a shoreline where it goes from about 3 feet very gradually to nothing.)  He does have fun though playing with the toys and splashing around. One of the skills we have worked on is blowing bubbles in the water.  They have a cup that you can get water in and blow bubbles in or I will put my face in the water and show him how.  He didn't really seem to be wanting or trying to catch on and I really wasn't even sure he was old enough to learn this. Yesterday, we had the boys in the big bath tub at Micheale's house and they were having a blast playing!  I hadn't even thought about bubbles since our last swimming lesson and out of nowhere Micah leaned over, put his own face in the water and blew the best bubbles I had ever seen!  I mean champion bubbles!  I was so surprised and so proud!  Here I was thinking he was too young to even understand what we were doing and he was just soaking it all in and pulled out the perfect bubble blowing to show off to Mom and his friends!  Like I said, he amazes me every day!

No comments: