Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

The Baby

This pregnancy is flying by.  I can't believe that it is almost half way over and I feel like it has just begun. I guess that is what it is like when you are moving in to a new home, running around after an almost two year old and trying to get settled.  Like with Micah I have experienced quite a bit of morning sickness and nausea.  I think I was able to manage it better this time with the help of medication so I felt mostly functional most days.  I have felt much more tired than I remember feeling last time.  Going to bed past nine is a crazy night for me these days.  My stomach is much more rapidly expanding this time than it did last and hopefully at some point it will realize it is caught up and slow that down.

We have had several doctors visits and things have gone really well.  I have been fortunate to find a really great doctor here in Las Vegas.  We also live about 1/2 a mile from the hospital I plan to deliver at so that is another great thing! We have had several ultrasounds so far but have not had a good viewing angle for learning the gender.  We do plan on finding out but we don't know yet!  I personally think it is a girl.  I could be wrong but I am going to go on the record with my guess.

Micah has been learning about the baby and although we know he isn't really grasping the concept fully, he does have an idea there is something going on.  When asked "where is the baby?" He will lift up my shirt and poke his finger in my belly button.  He also will sometimes talk to the baby and tell it hi and he has even given the baby (my tummy) hugs and kisses without being prompted.  We really think he is going to make a great big brother!

Here is a belly pic from 17 weeks.
Photobucket

1 comment:

Kristin M. said...

you look amazing!! Congratulations on the latest addition!! I can't wait to see pictures of your new house!