Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, August 28, 2010

6 Months Old and Such a Big Boy!

Micah turned 6 months old this week. It is very hard to fathom that half of a year has already passed! We really do have more fun everyday(well except when he is sick!) He is just growing and learning so much. In the picture below he looks so big to me! We have been using our stroller with the carrier attachment but this was the first time that we took off the attachment and he rode in it like a big boy! Brad went running with him and he seemed to love it! I also love that he looks like he has a little strawberry blonde mohawk here!


I have been reading that at 6 months you can start transitioning to a sippy cup. I still breast feed him exclusively so he rarely gets a bottle but when he does he is the independent first child and always is trying to hold it himself. I got a beginner sippy cup at the store because I thought he might think it was fun. I have just been putting a little water in it and he seems to enjoy it! I usually give it to him after he eats his solid food to help wash his mouth out so he isn't drooling peas for the next hour. It has been working well! He is definitely still learning on this one but seems to like his new big boy cup!



2 comments:

The Christians said...

Happy 6 months to Micah! He is looking like such a big boy! I can't believe it has been six months already...wow!

Ethan and Jennifer said...

What a handsome little man Micah is growing up to be! We just used our BOB for the first time today with Elijah facing forward. He seemed to like it. We haven't run with him yet, he will need to get a little bigger I think. Can't believe how fast the time goes by!