Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, June 1, 2012

36 weeks and baby girl is still baking away.  I have been much more uncomfortable than I remember beingwith Micah at this point but I also wasn't chasing a two year old around all day so who knows.  I have a lot of pain in my lower back and hips, especially at the end of the day and at night.  The good news is that she is not (so far) camping out in my ribs which Micah did for quite awhile.  That has been about the only upside.  Although I am still at a very healthy pregnancy weight, and according to my Doctor "all baby," I have already gained more than I did total with Micah so that could also be contributing to this pregnancy being harder on my body.  Another difference I note often with this pregnancy is that although she is never up in my ribs I feel like she is always pushing out on my belly.  My stomach is always, and I mean always, super tight.  At my last appointment my Doctor even asked me if I was having a contraction because it was tight and I felt it and told him no it is pretty much always like that.

I had my most recent appointment for baby girl this morning.  After waiting next to forever for the doctor to see me he came in and did all the normal checks and then did my first internal check to see how things are progressing.  To my surprise he informed me that I am 2 cm dilated and 70% effaced.  Since I was only 1 cm dilated and 20% effaced at 40 weeks with Micah and only 2 cm and 30% effaced when I went into labor this really caught me off guard.  He said that it is pretty normal for the second pregnancy though and that my body just knows what to do this time.  He continued though by saying he didn't really think I would make it to 40 weeks.  He said I am already carrying really low (I don't notice it) and there is a lot of baby in there for the size of my frame.  He said the head is down and providing a lot of pressure so it probably will happen earlier than my due date.  It was a little scary to hear (just because I am not one who is just dying to come early like a lot of women in this stage) but I remind myself he is just a doctor and not God so who knows when baby girl will decide to come!  My friend Ashley reminded me that the only thing we know for sure is that she will definitely come out eventually!  So with that my 36th week continues and we will see when baby girl decides she is ready to come!

1 comment:

Kristin M. said...

you are definitely ALL baby! You look fantastic!!