Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, June 16, 2012

38 Weeks!

T- 2 weeks...or less!  I am 38 weeks today and out of room in my body for baby girl. I went to the doctor again today and I am 3 cm dilated and 70% effaced.  The doc said it could be any one's guess now as to when she will make her appearance.  We are slowly getting ready.  The nursery is pretty much done.  There are a few details that I still want to add but nothing major.  I am going to try to post pics of that soon.  We spent last weekend sorting through closets and switching out all of Micah's clothes to his 2T.  So now we have to get everything put back up in storage then do some cleaning and maybe we will actually be ahead of the game... assuming she doesn't some in the next 48 hours that is! Also on the agenda this weekend is getting the car seat installed and the bag packed.  I think it will be a reality check to look back and see two seats back there.  I have been more comfortable some days and more uncomfortable others.  I think since she is out of room she cant move as much so that has helped keep her out of my ribs and other places that can really hurt my body.  She is head down and she does like to push her entire bottom side and legs up and out a few times a day making me feel like she might just split me in half.  I am still not anxious for her to come but I am more ready than I was with Micah.  I think it helps that I have an idea what I am getting into this time. Knowing how much joy she will bring our family! 

Another adventure for the week was we finally fit it in the schedule to go on a tour of the hospital where we will deliver.  We had a great experience in South Carolina.  Their maternity wing was very new and nice.  Being in a much bigger city I wasn't sure how it would compare.  We were really happy with what we saw and it was surprisingly similar to me.  They had separate delivery and recovery rooms, and they were both very modern and new.  The biggest differences between this experience and our last one will be that once the baby is delivered here they never take them from your room.  Everything is done in the room, all of the measurements and weighing, they bathe them, even warm them if needed all in the room.  We had to send Micah away for a couple of hours to have this done in South Carolina.  The other big difference is that they don't have an active nursery for the babies.  They do have a nursery but the baby is supposed to stay in your room pretty much all the time.  If you really need to for some reason you can send them to the nursery otherwise you keep them with you. No sending them to spend the night so you can get more sleep... Oh well!

We are more excited by the day! 
 

No comments: