Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Don't Drink the Water

It seems that there must be something in the water. Right before I found out I was pregnant I was talking to my good friend from work, Hagen, and he told me the great news that his wife Kim was expecting. Hagen and I started working at Lutron at the same time and have been long time friends. We have always jokingly wagered on who would be the first out of our group to have a baby. I was the first one married and Hagen ALWAYS told me that I was going to be the first one pregnant. Turns out he and Kim beat us by 8 weeks! Congrats Hagen and Kim........


Kim, Hagen, and I visiting their home in NJ


.............Right after I found out that I was pregnant we went home to Texas. I got to visit one of my best friends Natalie and she told me she was pregnant!! Natalie is due only about 3 weeks ahead of me so after all the experiences we have shared growing up together we will get to share this special time too! I had to laugh because before she told me we both really wanted donuts so we went to the donut shop and picked some up. We were sitting on the couch pigging out when she told me the great news. Can't you just imagine the scene... two pregnant ladies sitting on the couch pigging out on donuts. We had a good laugh! Congrats Natalie and Rob...............


Natalie and Kimber- We both just surprised each other!


............ Then we returned back home from Texas and got back into the swing of things. Just a few days later I got a call and text from Kendall that announced she was pregnant too!!!! Kendall is one of my closest friends and South Carolina and she is due only about 10 days after me! It was a great surprise! The funniest thing about Kendall is that we have unknowingly shared many experiences together. When Brad and I moved out of our home in Ohio, our friends told us about the nice couple that moved in named Howie and Kendall. Then when we were going through the home buying process in South Carolina My realtor kept telling me about this other nice Air Force couple that she was selling a home to also. Yup- Howie and Kendall again! Then when Howie and Brad ended up in the same Squadron at work we finally got to meet the Turners! After all of those coincidences we are sharing this one together too! Congrats Howie and Kendall..................


Kimber and Kendall- Enjoying our fruity (non-alcoholic) drinks!

................ Then only a couple of days after we got to celebrate Kendall's news we got a call from Katie. Katie's husband also works with Brad. Katie needed to know how to get a pregnancy test on base. Sure enough, a few hours later we got to celebrate Katie's good news! Katie is due March 12, only about 2 weeks after me. Katie already has a beautiful daughter Bryn, so not only do we get to go through this together but she also is going to be a great resource for Kendall and I. Congrats Brandon and Katie!.............


Kimber, Katie, and Big Sister Bryn (I was having A LOT of morning sickness that day)


...........................I also found out right around the same time that my friend Laura was pregnant also! She is due only a couple of weeks before me. Laura was my first friend in Sumter. I moved to South Carolina all by myself not knowing anyone. Our mutual friend Christy was able to introduce us by e-mail. She was so wonderful to me as I had to move into our home in South Carolina . She and her family helped me in so many ways I can't even list them all! This is Laura's third pregnancy and she is also a wealth of knowledge! I have already started picking her brain on all things pregnancy! Congrats Chris and Laura............


............When I posted my blog and sent it out to all of you I got such a great response from everyone. Lots of people left us messages of congratulations and one of my friends I made while I was living in Texas in 2007, Chione, not only congratulated me but also let me know that she is also expecting and only a couple of weeks behind me. We had lots of fun together in our small group at Gateway and Chione always shared my love of crafty things. Congrats Keller and Chione!


I am so thankful to have so many great friends to share this wonderful experience with. It has already been so helpful to have people to bounce things off of and share a laugh about our weird cravings interesting body changes. I can't imagine anything better. But beware ladies... there is something in the water!

2 comments:

The Minears said...

Not only that, one of Laura's good friends from when we lived in New Mexico is also pregnant! It seems like I hear about someone else's pregnancy every few days, I love it! Pregnancy is so much fun, as Johnna Hayes told me, "It's like having a little buddy with you all the time that you can talk to." Since I tend to talk out loud to myself, I just pretended I was talking to the baby so I looked less crazy.

Ali said...

What an amazing blessing to have so many friends going through the exact same thing. That is just priceless!! I'm so glad you are so excellent at keeping up with your blog. I love reading... I feel like I'm right there with you sharing stories! Keep it coming. I hope to see you soon!! Love you!!