Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, July 31, 2009

So maybe I over did it a little....

I have had a super busy week with work this week. I had lots of travel and lots to look forward to! Only maybe I need to slow down just a little bit. My crazy week started with a 6 am flight to Philadelphia to go to our Corporate Headquarters in Coopersburg, PA. These early flights are quite a commitment because I live an hour from the airport. So if I wake up at 3 am, get out the door by 4 am, I can get to the airport by 5 am, just in time to catch the 6 am flight. And that is just how the week started... I had two days full of meetings in PA, then drove Thursday night back to Philly since my flight out Wednesday was another 6 am flight. I did get to meet up with some great friends on Tuesday night for dinner which was a lot of fun.
I got back to my hotel (right next to the airport) and again woke up about 3:45 am to return the rental, get checked in and onto the 6 am flight to Cincinnati. I got into Cinci around 8 am and did a full day of sales calls with our Lutron rep there then got BACK to the airport to catch a plane to Houston. My flight was supposed to leave about 5 pm but didn't end up leaving until about 7pm. I was bummed because I was supposed to get to meet up with one of my great college friends and go to dinner. On the bright side, since it was only 9:40 pm when I was driving to my hotel I did get to make a stop at Freebirds and get the best burrito in the world with 20 min to spare until closing!
Unfortunately that burrito became the highlight of my trip to Houston. The next morning I woke up and was a bit nauseated which has been pretty normal for the past few weeks, only usually once I get some breakfast in me I get better and better and better and feel great by mid afternoon and though the evening. That did NOT happen this time! I continued to get sick all day and finally went back to the hotel and tried to sleep it off. I woke up later that evening feeling okay but not great... or even good for that matter. I had a wonderful friend Misty, who lives in Houston stop by the hotel to see me which was great since I was totally bummed that I was missing out on seeing all my friends and eating all the good mexican food Houston has to offer!
Again I went to bed and again I had to wake up this morning for a 5:30 flight from Houston back to Columbia. As soon as I woke up I knew it was not going to be a good day. I was pretty much sick the entire way home. I called on my layover and got an appointment to go to the doctor on base. I drove straight from the airport to base and got seen by our Squadron's flight doc, whose call sign is Smokin'. She was great! She pretty much took one look at me and decided to put me on an IV to get some fluids back in my body and administered some anti nausea medicine. I have never had an IV before so it was a first for me, but being pregnant I know it won't be the last. I was already feeling much better by the time I left. I went home and pretty much fell straight asleep.
Thank goodness for modern medicine! I can't imagine being that miserably sick for one more minute! What an overwhelming week! I think I will take it a little slower from now on.



My first IV

2 comments:

Celeste said...

Wow that's exausting for anyone let alone a pregnant woman. Just tip for nausea...PEPPERMINTS! When I was pregnant with Dylan I had morning sickness pretty bad and I couldn't make it from Lake Worth to Downtown Fort Worth without being sick, so I started sucking on peppermints. It sure did help. I was still a little nausious, but not near as bad. It was enough to hold me over until I got to work. So maybe you can give it a try and see how it helps, if it helps.

Ali said...

I'm so sorry you had such a rough week and so very sorry I didn't get to see you while you were in town.... :o( Please let me know when you are back again!!!