Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, July 27, 2009

What is a Kumquat?

I have signed up for a website that will send me e-mails every week and tell me what is going on with the baby and what size it is this week. The baby started out the size of a poppy seed and when I got my e-mail this week it said at week 10 the baby is about the size of a kumquat. Who the heck knows what a kumquat looks like? So I had to look it up- thank goodness for my best friend Google! I found a good pic below to show you the approx size of the baby this week. It is a little over an inch long and weighs less than a quarter of an ounce. I guess there is no good excuse for extra pregnancy weight yet, huh??




It is amazing how much my body has already changed considering how small the baby still is. That little thing can make me look different, feel different, and make me very sick and tired!!! I don't think anyone can tell the differences yet but me, but I definitely can!!! I promise once things get more obvious I will post pics. There is just not much to see yet (thank goodness)!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Funny story, that is EXACTLY what happened with me when I found out I was pregnant with Brandon! Although it was years ago for me I still remember like it was yesterday! We were celebrating Alex's 9th birthday and I was very tired when we got home. I went to bed early because I was tired! I woke up out of a dead sleep with the sudden erg to pee! Now I was about 1-2 days late, but that wasn't abnormal for me. I had a test that I was saving for a few days later because I wanted to wait as long as possible! I didn't want another neg! Brian and I had been trying for almost 9 months so I figured it was just my mind playing tricks on me again. Well, the dilemma began....take a test now or just wait a few more days anyway. Well, I couldn't stand it so I went ahead and took the test! Of course it came out positive and I cried! I then woke Brian up and told him the news, he was excited in his sleepiness and the rest is history!

stacy said...

what a wierd thing to compare the baby to! no one knows what that is!?