Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, November 30, 2009

Another Doctor's Appointment

Back to South Carolina and back to the Doctor! I am 28 weeks today and went in for my scheduled appointment. It was pretty routine and everything looked great. I have to say I did catch up a little on the weight gain after the holidays and coming straight off of two Thanksgiving dinners and a full weekend of leftovers! I am still "in the zone" as my doctor put it so no worries there. We heard a nice strong heartbeat and I measured perfectly. While the doctor was measuring the baby showed off some of his acrobatics and was pushing my stomach all around!

At 28 weeks I am now in my third trimester. It is hard to believe that I only have 12 weeks left! Time sure does fly. The pregnancy has been really enjoyable since the morning sickness stopped. I have been trying to savor these last weeks since I feel good and am still not too big! At 28 weeks he is about 2.25-2.5 pounds and 14.5 in from head to heel. I can definitely tell he is getting bigger. I can really feel him moving around now and it is very obvious, many times even through my clothes, when he is working out in there. My stomach just bounces all over the place. As a matter of fact I think he knew it was his first Thanksgiving because from the moment I woke up he was excitedly bouncing around in there.

1 comment:

Celeste said...

I remember when I was about that far along with Dylan and we were playing in the Living Christmas Tree (I was playing my clarinet) and during the Halleluia chorus Dylan started doing summersalts in my belly. I didn't think too much of it but after the show the lady who was at the top of the tree (about 40 ft up) came up to me and said she could see my stomach jumping around and could tell Dylan really loved the music. It was crazy she saw that. At 35 weeks pregnant with Dylan (the night before I went into labor actually) a bunch of us went to Razzoos to celebrate a friends engagement. I had some Rat Toes (crab stuffed jalepenos, if you didn't know what they were) and after I ate them Dylan started going nuts in my stomach. I sat back in my chair and everyone around the table was just watching in amazement! It's one thing when you can feel the baby moving around but it's so fun when others see it and notice it. The second trimester is the easiest and now you are going into your third don't be suprised if your energy level drops a bit and you start feeling sleepy again. It's normal. I'm glad you are enjoying being pregnant. I wish I could have said the same. I did it twice and that was enough for me.