Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, September 4, 2010

First Day of "School"

I joined an organization here in Sumter called MOPS (Mothers Of Preschoolers). I am really excited about it because it seems like it should be a great way to meet other Moms of young kids in the area. It is hosted by the church we go to which is great because it is just around the corner from our house. We get to go twice a month and Micah goes to his class and I get to hang out with the moms. We had our first day of MOPS last Thursday and we were ready to go! Since I have never been I didn't really know what to expect but there were about 100 girls there. Everyone is randomly assigned to a table you will sit at for the remainder of the semester. I didn't know anyone at my table so I will get to make lots of new friends. Throughout the year they will have speakers, play games, make crafts and have outings. It seems like it will be a great time. Micah had a little bit of a tougher time because unfortunately MOPS was right in the middle of his nap time. And wouldn't you know that he was the only baby in that room that wouldn't take a nap in the nursery! The workers were great though and said he was a great baby, just a little tired (and fussy). We will ave to try to figure out a way to get him a little nap in before we go next time or something!





2 comments:

The Christians said...

Aww...how fun! MOPS has never worked into our schedules, although I would love to go sometime. You guys look all spiffy on your first day of "school"! You're such a fun person - your group is gonna love having you!

Laura Gruner said...

You two are ADORABLE! I hope you both enjoyed MOPS - we had the same schedule issue with Levi, but when it worked out to go, we both really enjoyed it! Hope you both have fun... love the pictures of Micah!