Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, August 3, 2009

2nd Doctor's Appointment

Today I am 11 weeks and I had my 2nd doctors appointment. I didn't really think about it until I was on the way there, but I really had no idea what to expect at this appointment. To tell the truth, it was rather anticlimactic. The practice I am going to has four doctors and one mid-wife. Depending on who is on rotation when you go into labor is who will deliver your baby. With that being the case they prefer that you to see each doctor as you go through your pregnancy so that you don't end up with a complete stranger delivering that baby. For the first appointment I saw Tanya, who is their mid-wife and she was very informative and patient with all of my questions. Today I saw Dr. Hepfer. I have heard he is actually one of the top OB's in the state so I was excited to see him. The actual appointment was super fast (probably less than 10 min) but the highlight was that the baby was big enough to now hear the heart beat with the doppler. The doppler is a little device the put on your tummy kind of like an ultrasound but instead of getting a picture you just get to hear the heartbeat, and it was beating away! I did get a prescription for some nausea medicine as well so hopefully armed with my new drugs I won't have any more episodes like last week!

I also got my weekly e-mail from babycenter.com today that keeps me posted on the developments with the baby. I am happy to report that they used a more recognizable fruit this week. At 11 weeks the baby is roughly 1.5 in long and approx the size of a fig. Now not to be picky because at least I have heard of a fig, but again, does anyone really know what a fresh fig looks like? Didn't think so- so I have again posted a pic below.

1 comment:

Chione said...

We're right at 3 weeks behind you -- I showed at 8 weeks on the 4th for our second doctor's appointment. =) I'm sure I'll be bugging you for help and thoughts! Take care of yourself.