Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, December 17, 2009

I won! I won!

I am so excited! I had the crib put together with the bumper and mattress and crib sheet but was still missing the crib skirt. I thought maybe I could get by without one but once I put everything together it became very apparent that I needed one or it looked a little unfinished. My second thought was oh, I will just get a plain white one, the matching skirt is mostly white anyway. Well low and behold they don't just sell plain white crib skirts. The only crib skirts I could find anywhere were ones that matched other crib sets (very obviously not matching mine.)

So what to do... what to do... I can't find a plain one, pottery barn hasn't sold mine for years... Enter e-bay! I started searching on e-bay for a skirt to match my bedding. Over the course of a few months I did find a few on E-bay but the problem was that no one just sells the crib skirt. When someone sells their skirt they tend to sell the entire bedding set. Since I already have the rest of the set I didn't want to pay too much and didn't have much luck initially but then I finally found the right set at the right time and I won!!

The package came in this weekend and I took it out and put it on the crib. It is a little wrinkled but much better over all. I need to take everything off and wash it anyway so I figured it would get ironed then.


Speaking of ironing and washing... I am really hoping for this whole nesting thing to kick in soon! I'm waaaaaaaaaitinnnnnnng!!!!! I brought back a bunch of goodies for the baby back from my trip to Texas and not too much has gotten done with it other than a little sorting. The picture below is the nursery pre-nesting. I am hoping to post a picture soon to show you post nesting.



1 comment:

Chione said...

I definitely know what you mean Kimber ... we're moving in January, so I'm actually glad that I haven't hit the nesting full on. Once we move though, I'm guessing it'll hit me hard. I finally found and ordered my crib though, so when that comes in at the end of January I'll be in business.

Hope you're doing well! Definitely thinking about you and Brad this Christmas.