Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, January 3, 2010

Back to Reality!

Nothing is better than spending the Holiday's with family and friends! We had a wonderful vacation to Texas for the Holidays. I spent almost two weeks there and it was wonderful. I have been feeling more tired now that I am well into my third trimester and I got to get lots of rest. It is so nice to just have your parents take care of you sometimes!


I really enjoyed spending time with both my family and Brad's family. I know everyone is anxious to meet our little guy. We had lots of questions about names this time around, but honestly we are no closer to a name than we were at the beginning so no news on that front.

I also got to spend time with my sister-in-law Jenny and her family and two great friends, Natalie and Brooke, while I was home. I spent the night one evening at Jenny's house so I would get in some good quality time with them and my favorite niece and nephew, Jordan and Taylor. We had a great time hanging out together and playing games. I played an especially riveting game of hide-and-seek with Jordan. She also kept us laughing by frequently reminding us that "you have a baby in your tummy and I am going to play with him at the beach." Apparently she is already looking very forward to our Matherne family trip to the beach in September. What a fun little girl. Taylor is a little more low key and you can win his heart just by giving him some puffs (his favorite food.) I am so excited that he and our little guy will only be a year apart and get to grow up playing and hanging out together (when we visit Texas at least!)


Spending time with Natalie and Brooke was also wonderful. It is so hard to keep in touch with people when you are forced to move around and never get to live close by. I have been very lucky to keep these friendships over the years. Natalie and I aren't too exciting seeing as we are both in our third trimester and super tired but we can still enjoy each other's company. I love spending time with Brooke, Trey, and their kiddos Hope and Jace. We met them when we were living in Ohio and have always had a special friendship with them. Hope and Jace were 4 and 2 when we met them and they always called us Mr. Brad and Miss Kimber. Apparently now that Hope is older she realized that this is in error and now has corrected her mom and calls me Mrs. Kimber. We got to open a couple of christmas presents together and have fun playing with their toys all afternoon. That evening Brooke even got to sneak out of her Mom duties and go to a movie with me.




It was so great to get to spend so much quality time with my family and friends. It is funny to think that next time we see any of them we will be plus one! I have been bad about posting over the break, not because I was busy, just because I was lazy! So I am posing baby and my Christmas day pic. I am 31 weeks here and definitely experiencing a growth spurt over my 2 weeks in Texas





.

No comments: