Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Let the count down begin!

I'm sure you have noticed that someone has been missing from the blog for the past five months. Brad has been overseas serving our country in Afghanistan. I have been very careful about what I post since I didn't want to advertise on the Internet that I was home alone, but the great news is that he is en route and on his way home! I am counting down the minutes until he gets here. While I hate that he has been gone though the pregnancy, both of us would much rather he miss that than the beginning of the baby's life. It is no fun that we have to make that sacrifice but I am so proud of him for serving his country and fighting for the freedom that we all enjoy everyday. The life of a military family is rarely glamorous but we do it together and just take it one adventure at a time.

One of the things that I think about most in his homecoming is that when he left I looked like this:

We took these pictures right before he left. I was about 18 weeks along and just barely beginning to show. I had just started to feel the baby moving and the pregnancy was just beginning to seem real. Now just a reminder from the earlier post, this is what he is about to come home to:

An almost 36 week pregnant wife with a big pregnant belly and a baby that moves all the time making my entire stomach dance around! He is about to dive head first into this pregnancy! I know he is so excited to be home and get to experience these last few weeks with me before we welcome our little guy to the world. Brad is on his way home... life is good!

4 comments:

Erica said...

Brad, we are so proud of you as well. I cannot express how thankful we are that we have you guys fighting for our freedom. I wish we could be there to welcome you back home!!

Kimber, you are so tiny. What are you talking about big belly. So cute!! I miss you so much. I can't wait to see that baby. Maybe we can plan a time I can come visit. We have a lot to catch up on. Love you girl!

The Christians said...

Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!! That must feel so wonderful, knowing he is on his way home. I am so glad he will get a couple of weeks with you before baby bean is born. What a sacrifice ya'll are both making for our country!

Chione said...

So glad that Brad will be home before his new co-pilot arrives. =) I know we're getting excited about our upcoming due date, so I can only imagine you two.

Best wishes to you both and keep us updated!

Shelby and Johnny Family said...

Yea!! That's so exciting that he gets to be back, especially in time for your little guy's arrival. Best of luck to you...and keep the pictures coming. You look simply adorable!