Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

38 Weeks!

It is really hard to believe that we only have two more weeks until the baby's birthday! With Brad home it seems that time flys even faster. Since his return we have enjoyed every minute together. You really appreciate every moment when they come home.

Everyone always asks if I am just so ready to have the baby at this point, but I don't know if I am quite there yet. The third trimester has been really good to me. I have definitely had my moments with acid reflux, sleepless nights, and general discomfort, but for the most part I have been feeling good and still enjoying the pregnancy. I am also enjoying feeling him move more and more as his movements continue to get bigger and bigger! So for me there is no urgency to get him out. We get to have the rest of our lives with our little guy so I am just really treasuring the last few days of it being just us.

As you know from previous posts I get several e-mails from various baby sites on what the baby is doing and how they are growing this week. The baby at 38 weeks is full term, meaning he is fully developed. He is on average 6.8-7 pounds and around 19-20 in long. One of my e-mails this week compared him to the size of a leek. The other e-mail said he was the size of a watermelon. I'll take the leek.

I am also happy to report that we are making progress on being ready for his arrival. Nesting is starting to kick in although we still have a lot to do. The nursery is pretty much ready (pictures coming soon) and the main project we still have in there is the closet. We cleaned quite a bit this weekend so I feel like the house is in pretty good shape for the most part. We are also starting to take classes. Brad has been able to arrange his schedule so that he should be able to go to all of them with me which is the best part. We have 3 classes scheduled this week and next: Breastfeeding, Labor and Delivery, and Baby Basics. One down and two left to go! Also, based on my doctor's friendly suggestion last week, I have started packing a bag for the hospital. It is really harder than it seems it would be. This is mostly because at this stage there are very few things that fit me so I wear them all the time. Hence I can't pack them if I need to wear them! I do have some of the basics packed though and a couple of cute outfits to bring him home in and such so we will get there.

I had an appointment today and all was well. There is not much to do at this point as long as everything seems good. Since I have no plans on inducing the doctors at my office will not check to see if I am progressing until the 40th week. So no news on that front. The heartbeat sounded good, the head is down and the rest is just a waiting game!

1 comment:

Chione said...

I'm so glad all is going well for you! We're at 35 weeks now, so we're getting close too. However, our little girlie is not cooperating and is still hanging out sideways, not head down like she's supposed to be. I guess she's got an independent streak. Lol -- on the bright side, that means she is NOT sitting on my bladder, so I haven't been running to the bathroom constantly.

PS - I love sweat suits as well, cause yes, nothing fits any more unless it has elastic or ties. Glad you're doing great!