Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Nesting, projects, and a night out!

Well here I am a day short of 40 weeks and I think I am starting a little nesting. I feel like the last couple of days have transformed my normal eyes into telescopic eyes that hunt out and zoom in on dirt. I have not ever really noticed how dusty my baseboards are becoming... But I am starting to get it all done. I have cleaned the guest bathroom, the stairwell, and dining room. The kitchen is looking pretty good. I am mostly caught up on laundry (the washing, not the hanging). There is always more to do with this crazy new vision I seem to have obtained but I am balancing the cleaning with the taking it easy.

Yesterday I also attempted a project that I have been wanting to do for a friend for a while. I had the idea to make my friend Kendall some really cute burp cloths as part of her baby gift. I have had a few sewing lessons from my Mom, but never attempted to sew by myself. I feel like my days are numbered and I really wanted to be able to give this gift to Kendall since I picked out all of the fabric specifically for her and her little one. So I got out the sewing machine (and the instruction manual) and gave it a whirl. Now I have to say the pics below are a little deceiving. The burp cloths turned out pretty good, if you look at them from a distance. I did pretty well until attaching the ribbon at the end. Since I was trying to sew the front and the back at the same time it went well in some spots and not so well in others. I learned along the way, but am still by no means an expert or even remotely good at this harder task. When you look up close they are a little more obviously a beginner's project. Oh well! Hope she likes them anyway!



Since I made it to Saturday night we got to go to the farewell dinner for LTC Ekman, Brad's squadron commander. It was held at a really nice restaurant called the Mill Pond. We had a great time getting to have a last night out but I was a little nervous since this place was about 45 min from the hospital. I made Brad put the bags in the car just in case. Obviously I made it through the night and there is still no sign of little boy M. Below are some pics... Just short of 40 weeks!








1 comment:

Chione said...

From what I've read -- the nesting and cleaning urges signal you're getting close. =) We're so happy that all is going well with your pregnancy and we cannot wait to hear the good news about baby boy M!