Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, August 31, 2009

3rd Appointment


Today I am 15 weeks and had my 3rd doctors appointment. Again, it was another short one. It started out with a finger prick to make sure that my iron levels looked good and they did. I have had great iron levels throughout the whole pregnancy!

Like I mentioned before we rotate doctors at the practice I visit and today I had another new face, Dr. Riddle. He was very nice and I really enjoyed my appointment with him. To start out the appointment I got to hear the heartbeat which is still good and strong. Then the Doc felt my abdomen to make sure the baby's home, aka. my uterus, is growing nicely. Everything looked good and he actually showed me how I can now feel the uterus by pushing on my stomach. He let me know my first trimester screening tests all came back good. That is a great thing since this test looks for indicators for Downs Syndrome and other genetic abnormalities.




After the appointment I headed to the front to check out and thought I was out home free, but no, she sent me back to the lab to get more blood drawn. I was again told that I have tiny veins that are super hard to find, but the tech did a great job and got everything done on the first try. Besides my left arm looking a bit like a pin cushion the appointment went really well and everything with baby and mom looks great!

For those of you that enjoy my size updates at 15 weeks the baby is now about 4 in from head to rump and weighs about 2.5 ounces. They said that this is about the size of an apple. Finally a nice common fruit that I know!!!








There is a lot to look forward to at the next appointment. We will get to have our growth ultrasound which checks out all the different parts of the baby to make sure everything looks good and healthy.

1 comment:

Jessim said...

Glad things are going well!

I saw my sister this weekend- she is at 17 weeks, with twins, and is HUGE already. She's smaller than me so I don't know how she will manage!

When do we get a new "how big is Kimber" picture?