Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Intelligender

When we found out we were pregnant my parents told us about something they had just featured on the news in Dallas. It was a test called Intelligender that is an at home test that can be performed as early as 10 weeks that tells you if you are going to have a boy or a girl.




I looked it up online (http://www.intelligender.com/) and found that per the website it had a "90% accuracy when tested in labs" and about 80% accuracy when performed at home. I figured why not? It is something fun to do. It is funny though because the website says many times "Do NOT paint the baby's room based on results!" I guess they don't want to really take responsibility for the results, huh?

Basically the test is a little cup that mixes your pee with some powder and then it turns a color. A greenish brown means boy and orangy yellow means girl. You are supposed to match the color to the strip on the side either for boy or girl. These aren't the best, but here is a pic of the color it turned out....





Definitely NOT orange! It looks like Intelligender thinks it is a BOY! I decided that I had to make up my mind what I thought it was before I took the test so I wouldn't be swayed. Although I always thought we would have a girl first, you know from the last post that ever since I have been pregnant mommy thinks it is a boy. It seems Intelligender agrees! Like I said it is only 80% accurate and I did some looking online and it seems that there are more false boy results than girl. My friends Hagen and Kim just used this test got a boy result and found out from their ultrasound that they are really having a boy! It is 1 for 1 so far in my book. I will let you know on Friday if it is 2 for 2!

1 comment:

Chione said...

We're so excited for you guys! We ARE going to find out if we're having a boy or a girl, but our ultrasound and structural survey (what am I, a land mass?!?) is scheduled for 20 weeks. 2 months to go!

Keep us updated!

Chione